Friday, 2 October 2015

Creative Expressions Friday Blog Post

Good morning everyone.
Wow what a busy week I have had. I am still recovering from Ally Pally, and preparing more designs for TV shows which are coming soon.

My fabulous DT pack for this month incuded this incredibly beautiful paper pad by Craft Consortium.  I know I will use every sheet in this pad, it is utterly gorgeous.
I had a flick through and decided that other than plain cardstock, I was going to make the most of this pad and create a card literally from the one pad.
Here is what I have done.
On one of the pages there are some beautiful birds which are quite large.
I decided to die cut these using one of Sue Wilson's Noble Dies. 
I picked a coordinating plum coloured paper to create the background.
I assembled this part of the card and left to one side.

I then chose a second sheet and matted and layered it onto my base card.
I added a strip across the centre of the card and again matted and layered it with the plum so everything would tie together nicely.

I then added the centre piece of the card with the stunning bird.

Using the Complete Petals (Camellia) Die I die cut some flowers, shaped and glued the layers together and added some twinkles to the centre of each flower.
These were then glued on,
I also used some of Sue's dies for the leaves, which I cut on the patterned card and also on the plum.
I offset these slightly and glued to give a shadowed effect.
Once the card was complete I added some Cosmic Shimmer aqua twinkles, then finally finished off with some homemade hat pins.

I was really pleased with the result.
Hope you like it.
Hugs
Lisa xxxx

3 comments:

Kay Dalton said...

love this and the paper pad is well lush xx

Jackie Trinder said...

Hi this is a gorgeous card I love the papers you have used. All the Creative Expressions design team seem to be so busy at the moment. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Heather Rogers said...

Hi Lisa

Just want to say this is a stunning creation.

Crafty Hugs
Heather xx